POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Habitat Restoration Technician II
DATE: August 3, 2022
Position Status: Full Time, non-exempt
Wage: Starting at $23.38-27.06 per hour, Depending on Qualifications and Experience
Closing Date: Open until filled, first review round will occur for applications submitted by August 23, 2022 at 5:00PM.
About the Role:
Cascadia Conservation District is seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to join the District as a Habitat Restoration Technician II. This full-time, benefited position will assist with the District's habitat restoration program. This position works to develop and implement habitat restoration projects to improve salmonid species and water quality in Chelan County. The Habitat Restoration Technician II will work with landowners, crews and project partners to implement high priority habitat restoration projects. Funding for this position is provided by grants and relies on successful future grant applications. There is currently 3-years of funding secured for this position. This position reports directly to Cascadia CD’s Executive Director taking direction from Resource Specialist II staff.
Cascadia Conservation District’s mission is to encourage wise stewardship and conservation of all natural resources in Chelan County by:
- Working to implement conservation best management practices on the ground.
- Being an active advocate for wise land use and water management decisions.
- Promoting a reasonable approach to environmental problems.
- Providing locally-led, voluntary, non-regulatory solutions to local environmental problems.
- Educating both adults and youth about natural resources stewardship.
Cascadia CD consists of a small team of dedicated staff focused on providing technical assistance, cost share and building programs that serve our community and the natural resources in Chelan County. Cascadia CD is a non-regulatory political sub-division of Washington State and is governed by a 5-member volunteer Board of Supervisors.
The Habitat Restoration Technician II will work closely with area partners to implement habitat restoration projects in Chelan county. A typical day may include site visits to active or prospective project sites, site maintenance and monitoring utilizing mechanical or chemical weed control methods, project implementation, assisting with grant applications, and data input and organization. This position will spend approximately 60% of their time in the field.
For a full list of duties for this position, please see the job description posted at:
A qualified candidate must have:
- An Associate's Degree involving natural resources and/or habitat restoration related sciences and one year of professional level experience. No degree is required if the applicant has four years or more of applicable experience.
- Very strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with private landowners
- Demonstrated the ability to handle multiple projects
- Capability of working with diverse individuals and small groups.
- Experience assisting with implementation of habitat restoration projects such as LWD, culvert replacement, beaver dam analogs, riparian plantings or other watershed restoration projects.
- Able to work in remote and rugged locations under a variety of weather conditions, traverse difficult upland and instream terrain, and carry field equipment necessary to complete required job tasks.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel are essential).
- Have or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license.
A well-qualified candidate will have some or all of the following qualifications:
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish
- Experience operating and maintaining landscape equipment
- Competency with GIS software and GIS analysis
- Experience working with conservation districts, and NRCS
- Experience working with community groups
- Experience utilizing Drones in the field
Those meeting 2 or more of the desired attributes are encouraged to apply
The quality of life in Chelan County is unsurpassed, evident by a steadily increasing population and a strong, diverse economy. The area’s natural beauty and abundance of recreational opportunities are two of the many reasons people come to Chelan County. It’s a place characterized by sparkling clear rivers, clean air, flowered hillsides, expansive views, spectacular mountains, brilliant skies, and productive orchards and farms.
From the ridge tops to the valley bottoms, Chelan County is a spectacular place to live, work and play.
- Industrial Insurance
- State Retirement (PERS)
- Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Holidays
- Medical & Dental Insurance with 50% dependent coverage
- Optional Aflac policies
Submit cover letter and resume with at least three (3) references to Ryan Williams via the form below.
Open until filled. First review round will occur for applications submitted by August 23, 2022 at 5:00PM.
Cascadia CD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.