FREE Yard Waste
Wildfire season is coming and now is a great time to prepare your property.
Cascadia is partnering on opportunities throughout the county to dispose of yard debris and brush with a goal of reducing backyard burning. Burning is an important tool for forest and farm management, but we can reduce seasonal smoke considerably if wet leaves, pine needles, and freshly cut brush is taken to compost facilities as an alternative to burning.
Material Accepted: Trees and limbs up to 12 inches in diameter and less than 8 feet long, leaves, pine needles, and shrubs.
Not Accepted: Rocks, plastic bags, grass clippings, sod, root wads, weeds.
The events listed below are intended for residents of the city or area listed:
- CHELAN/MANSON AREA RESIDENTS: Chelan Transfer Station 5/20 10:00-4:00. - POSTPONED - CHECK BACK FOR NEW DATE
- PESHASTIN/DRYDEN AREA RESIDENTS: Dryden Transfer Station TBD. - POSTPONED - CHECK BACK FOR NEW DATE
- LEAVENWORTH AREA RESIDENTS: Leavenworth Brush Drop-Off Yard 6/3 and 6/4 9:00-3:00 each day.
- LAKE WENATCHEE/PLAIN AREA RESIDENTS: Winton Mfg Compost Facility (Coles Corner) 6/3 9:00-4:00.
- CITY of WENATCHEE ONLY RESIDENTS Stemilt Organics Recycling Center (part of existing City of Wenatchee Brush Disposal Event 5/13 9:00-3:00.
Free Roving Chipper Programs are also available through Cascadia and several fire districts including Lake Wenatchee and Leavenworth. Details and to sign-up HERE.
Thank you to all our partners for helping make these events happen!: Chelan County Public Works, City of Wenatchee, Stemilt Organics Recycling, Winton Mfg, Chumstick Wildfire Stewardship Coalition, Department of Ecology and local fire districts!